What Note Is Your Week Ending On?
Quickly, it is early in the morning and I have not yet had breakfast. I’m going to be doing these super-quick lists of interesting things that I bookmark throughout the week. Some of it will be music, some of it will be music related business. Other things might just be quirky little tidbits of Internet weirdness that I picked up along the way. I’ll try to do this everyweek and if you want to send me any suggestions on what to include… send it to sonic.idiot at gmail.com
- Derek Sivers – My Loss: Outstanding. I get it, I really get it.
- Wire to the Ear – Music Toys Found in the Bronx: I had to post this one, c’mon I’m about 10 minutes from the Bronx (walking distance). I’ll try to get over there sometime next week.
- Home Recording – Collaboration?: dewhitt is looking for a collaborator for a backdoor project. My experience is that backdoor projects end-up as freebies 99% of the time, right Chris? But perhaps a rapper is looking for some exposure, you never know.
- Tape Op Message Board – RE: Violating the “Bass in the Center of Mix” rule: Meathands is questioning whether or not Andy Wallace actually knows what he’s doing. And he might have a point?
- RCRD_LBL - The Drums – Let’s Go Surfing: A hip little tune that I found this week by the Drums. I included it because of the very nostalgic way they used chamber sounding reverbs in their production.
- Aquarium Drunkard - Grizzly Bear – Graceland: Indie rock group Grizzly Bear does Paul Simon. Wait, headline should read indie rock group does Paul Simon, better than Paul Simon.]
- WNYC - Tough Times For Mexican Musicians: Don’t laugh, this is some very serious music business.
- Daily Mirror - Prince… Peter Willis Goes Inside Star’s Secret World: By now everyone has heard about what Prince thinks of the Internet. Well here is the interview that started it all.
- Kim Lajoie’s Blog – Obsession: OK, this actually should be under music but, I already had my music picks and Kim does explain a bit about his music production ideas in this post, plus we like Kim, I think he is a true prototype of what the future of music production will be. Cheers Kim!
- Gearslutz – Is it Worth it????: Illmo wants to know is it worth it to pass his entire album through a Neve desk?
Moore, Brent. 10 Miles to Sequoyah Caverns. Flickr. 2006